For Elegant Supportive Living Call
Prairie Living at Chautauqua
955 Villa Court
Carbondale, IL 62901
Prairie Living at Chautauqua
at Carbondale, Illinois
Prairie Living at Chautauqua is your Supportive Living Community choice in Carbondale and the only affordable assisted lifestyle community in Jackson county.
The community, which is designed to serve adults 65 and older of all incomes who need some help to maintain their independence, is located off Chautauqua Road, about one mile west of Southern Illinois University. The community especially benefits those who cannot afford private pay assisted living.
Certified to operate through the Illinois Supportive Living Program, Prairie Living is managed by leading senior living provider JSL Management Solutions.
A Wonderful Alternative
Prairie Living at Chautauqua provides a wonderful residential alternative to a nursing home or to those struggling alone at home.
Residents have the opportunity to:
- Live in a private apartment. Each of the apartments features a kitchenette, spacious bathroom and emergency alert system.
- Receive personal assistance and help with medications. Certified staff are on-duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Support services, such as three daily meals, housekeeping and laundry are also included.
- Enjoy the companionship of friends and neighbors and participate in social and recreational activities.
The emphasis at our community is on providing residents with the dignity they deserve and on helping each resident maintain as much independence as possible for as long as possible.
Focus on Love, Compassion and Dignity
JSL Management Solutions manages Prairie Living. JSL a mission-driven company that believes in five core values, Love, Compassion, Dignity, Safety and Security.
JSL mission is to provide a place of safety and security where everyone is treated with love, compassion and dignity.
To arrange a visit or to obtain more information about Prairie Living at Chautauqua, call 618-351-7955
“I have been at this facility several times for meetings. I have to say it is very clean, well decorated and the residents were smiling. Every staff member I have interacted with was very friendly. I had the opportunity to view an activities calendar that residents can take part in daily – it was very impressive. If I had a family member looking for a supportive living facility I would have no problems recommending this one.”
“I would recommend Prairie Living to any Senior that needs extra assistance. It is a wonderful place to go. They have the most loving and caring staff. Very friendly. Very clean and well maintained. Residents are very friendly. A friend of mines mother was there for several years and loved it there. My father lived there for three years and very happy. My mother is a resident there now and has been for six months and is happy as a clown. They have alot of activities and things to do. Hey and if you love to watch movies . They have a theater. All around its an awesome place. Very nice!”
Prairie Living Chautauqua offers our residents the following amenities:
Helpful services arranged to make your days fulfilled & comfortable:
- Ongoing health monitoring and nursing assessments
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, grooming, and getting to and from activities and dining
- Medication set-up, reminders and assistance
- Three restaurant-style meals daily, plus snacks
- A range of interesting and varied programs and events
- Assistance with transportation needs
- 24-hour staffing by certified nursing assistants
- Mobile alert buttons
- On-site beauty/barber services
- Secured exterior doors
- Reception desk services
Places to go, things to do, all with convenience in mind for you:
- Spacious Dining Room
- Private Dining Room
- Activity Room
- Beauty/Barber Salon
- Country Store
- Exercise Room
- Library/Computer Room
- Living Room with Fireplace
- Outdoor Patio
- Resident Laundry
- Pool Room
At Prairie Living at Chautauqua, you’ll find many home-like qualities:
- Private apartments
- Spacious bathrooms
- Kitchenettes with sink, refrigerator/freezer and microwave
- Ample closet space
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Carpeted living and sleeping areas
- Linoleum in kitchenette area and bathroom
- Emergency call devices in bathroom and sleeping areas
- Mini-blinds provided